Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Post #2- Morgan Reedy

When looking at the online versions of the newspaper I saw a big difference in the sites. The first site I looked at was cnn.com in this site the first thing you notice is that it fills the page with stories you can look at. After that I looked at msnbc.com on this page I saw it was more compact, it did not fill the page. Obviously when I opened abc.com it was video's about everything. This was expected though concidering that abc is a video/tv based network. The final site I looked at was the New York Times. Truthfully, this site was the most disappointing. When I opened the page it did not contain the weather or traffic updates that you could find. I think that all websites dealing with the news should have weather, traffic updates and the most current local and world news.
I think that the most important thing that we need to fix is the world news. What happens around us is very important but you never hear about what is going on around the country. I think if that was concentrated on more that people would really find some of the news interesting. I think we as American's are sheltered that thinking our way of living is the only way of living.

No comments: